Acting Technique is a 6-week course which covers BOTH the foundations of acting technique and on-camera auditioning. This course is perfect for actors of ALL levels and is a great way to get started at the Howard Fine Acting Studio.
Named “Best Acting Teacher” by Backstage, Howard is known for having the best acting technique classes in Los Angeles. Howard’s renowned 12-week technique course (Foundation) has been adapted into a 6-week online Acting Technique Class for actors worldwide. Each section begins with the Script Analysis lecture which can be taken on it’s own or as part of this 6-week course.
open to everyone
CLASSES TAKE PLACE OVER ZOOM. TO JOIN CLASS YOU WILL NEED A PHONE, IPAD, TABLET, OR COMPUTER WITH INTERNET CONNECTION
acting technique online
Acting Technique includes:
- Personalization and Emotional recall
- Concentration and how to handle nerves
- Uta Hagen’s Acting Technique: Object Exercises
- Howard Fine’s 8 steps for Script Analysis and Role Preparation
- Addressing individual habits and common mistakes with assigned exercises
- Scene Study
- Combining multiple acting techniques to add to your ‘toolbox’
- Working on assigned audition scripts and submitting self-tapes for critique and in class re-works
- How to apply Howard’s approach quickly to Film & Television sides
- How to interpret notes casting directors may give in the audition room and immediately translate it into applicable “actor” language
- What to do when self-tape scenes call for physicality, props, and a set
- How to use yourself fully and ace the audition regardless of being “right” for the role
Acting Technique is unique in addressing the craft of acting as a whole, adding necessary skills to the actor’s toolbox to not only aide the actor in how to book acting jobs, but nailing the role on set or on stage. Whether you come from Stanislavsky and method acting training, or you have a background in Meisner Technique, Stella Adler, or Lee Strasberg, Howard’s Acting Technique will complement your previous training and give you access to all the right tools. Where do I start? Will we get to work on TV sides? How can I get really good? Which acting technique is best? What are acting techniques in drama? Comedy? This class will answer all your questions!
The length of each class is determined by the number of participants. Please plan to be available for a maximum of three hours.
My acting completely transformed while taking Howard’s Acting Technique. I used to say, “I love acting because I can become someone else,” but now I love acting even more because I know how to show my authentic self while performing. Howard taught me how to love myself by embracing all of my emotions and I am forever grateful!
It’s been a meaningful and productive experience to have been able to participate in Howard Fine’s online classes. With his knowledge, expertise, and guidance we have both been able to identify the solutions to my obstacles, instead of dwelling on them. Under his coaching, he has developed a strong, supportive, and safe environment in which myself and other members have grown and improved.
I’ve been studying with Howard for a year now and not only have I seen growth and development in my craft, but found a seriousness and a joy in working like never before. Howard is the most professional, ethical and well-respected acting teacher that I have ever worked with.
I came into this class thinking I knew how to act. Little did I know, I was “acting” instead of merely being a human being living in circumstance. Howard teaches you everything you need to know to not “act,” but simply live.