Fine On Acting Technique & Auditioning
Fine on Acting Technique & Auditioning is an accelerated course which covers BOTH the foundations of acting technique and audition technique.
Foundations of Acting Technique (exclusive to this class) includes:
- Sensory work
- Emotional recall
- How to handle nerves
- Uta Hagen’s Object Exercises
- Howard Fine’s 8 steps for script analysis and role preparation
- Addressing individual habits and common mistakes
- Working on an assigned monologue
- Scene study
- Adding to your actor’s toolbox
Audition Technique includes:
- Working on assigned audition scripts and submitting self-tapes for critique and in class re-works
- How to apply Howard’s approach quickly to Film & Television sides.
- How to interpret notes casting directors may give in the audition room and immediately translate it into applicable “actor” language.
- How to ground yourself without props and a set
- What to do when scenes call for physicality and action
- How to use yourself fully and ace the audition regardless of being “right” for the role.
Unlike our other Audition Technique classes, this course offers the actor an entire foundational approach to the work with highly personalized attention to the individual actor’s craft.
This course exclusively addresses the craft of acting as a whole, adding necessary skills to the actors toolbox to not only aide the actor in booking the job, but nailing the role on set or on stage.
The length of each class is determined by the number of participants, but students should plan to be available for a maximum of four hours.
DATES: Mondays and Thursdays at 2pm
May 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 28
June 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18
Cost for Participants: $875
Requirements: The use of a phone, Ipad, tablet or computer to join online class via ZOOM and record self-taped auditions.
Space is limited. Register now to reserve your spot. Must email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
How It Works
Upon receipt of payment, participants will receive a confirmation with the information and instructions for joining the online class. Joining a Zoom meeting is super easy and requires the use of one of the following: computer, tablet, phone or Ipad.
Payment must be received before the class start time to be permitted entry into the lecture.
In order to ensure proper enrollment, please leave a first and last name and use this same name to log into Zoom on the day of the meeting. Your name will be seen by other participants. Participants who try to join the Zoom meeting under a name other than used to enroll here will not be granted access in to the meeting.
Please note, we do not offer refunds for missed classes. Make-ups or credits may be offered at the sole discretion of the studio administration and only if a similar course or lecture is being offered in the near future.